Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors of Unit 364

Date: Saturday, September 16, 2017

Location: Montrose, CO

The meeting was called to order at 1:43.

Present: Keith Nichols, Helen Bledsoe, Diane Morgan, Don Squires, Sharon Snyder, Leah Williams and Karen Kribs .

Absent: Bert Solomon and Jerry Brown.

The reading of the minutes of the last meeting was waived by unanimous consent.

Treasurer’s report was also waived as the records are in transition while Leah Williams takes over as Treasurer.

Helen pointed out that we have not had a general ledger in three years. There was some discussion as to whether or not it is necessary for the Board to review every bill and every check. Leah reported that she will be picking up the financial records for the last ten years. Going forward, she will be using Quicken to do our books. She will present Profit & Loss statements as part of the treasurer’s report, but will have details available in her computer. The Board felt that this was a good plan and would avoid unnecessary paperwork.

Sharon gave a comprehensive supply and equipment report. We have sufficient equipment and supplies for the next year. We should continue on our program to replace a few tables every year. Board members should watch for opportunities to buy new tables at a good price. Karen mentioned that Courtney is closing her game in Basalt and may have some tables available. She will follow up on this.

Sharon announced that she will be resigning from the Board because she is going to get a sanction for a new game in Grand Junction. Karen suggested that someone else get the sanction so Sharon can stay on the Unit Board.

Leah Williams reported that she owns a club and asked if this a problem. Keith and Sharon will research this problem and report back.

It was reported that Nick Larkin talked to ten clubs to see if there is interest in a holiday party. There is no interest at all.

New ACBL rule: Stop cards shall not be used after Jan 1, 2018.

Karen reported on new spaces in the Library/CMC building in Glenwood Springs. The spaces are very nice and could accommodate a Unit Game or even a Sectional Tournament. She expects to get pricing for the spaces next week.

Barbara Larkin wants to do a unit game in Delta next year

Durango clubs have lots of special games. Don will talk to Wayne Caplin about what he does and give a report at the next meeting.

Wayne is also investigating the possibility of using robots to fill in at club games to avoid sit outs.

Keith asked if anyone was interested in running for D17 board. Noone present indicated any interest.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 2:45.

Respectfully submitted,

Karen Kribs