Board meeting minutes, June 22 2011

 

BOARD MEETING MINUTES

ACBL UNIT 364

June 22, 2011

 

The meeting was called to order at 10:20 a.m. by Vicki Lamb, President, at the Grand Valley Bridge Center in Grand Junction, Colorado.

 

Board Members Present: Vicki Lamb, Alison Regan, Judy Tirpack, Jean Paradis, Paul Hackbert and Pam Elsner

Board Members Absent: Helen Bledsoe, Gloria Kohls and John Spurgeon

 

Secretary’s Report: two corrections to the May 4, 2011 minutes were made. Under Tournament Updates, (Vail 299er), the director will be Bill Michael (not Michaels). Also, the Vail 299er should be listed as starting on Friday afternoon, September 30, 2011. The corrections being made, the minutes were then accepted and approved.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Our account balances as of June 21, 2011 are:

 

            2 CDs:                                     $17,923.54

            Checking Account      $  7,738.98

            Total Bank Accounts  $25,662.52

 

We lost $438.97 at the Durango Four Corners Tournament. (see details below).

 

Old Business:  the Durango Four Corners Tournament had 78 tables for the 3 day event. This was down 8 ½ tables from last year’s tournament. The Board decided on changes for next year's 4 Corners Tournament. A motion was made and approved that: Vicki will draft a letter to Barry with the following changes for next year's 4 Corners Tournament:  the cost per person/per session should be $10.00, 1 ad only (with tournament information) should be placed in the Forum, and players should be sent out for lunch on Swiss Teams day.

 

At the May 4th, 2011 Board meeting, we discussed having 2 directors for our Annual Meeting, one to handle score-keeping and one to handle director’s calls on the floor. We re-visited this topic, and are continuing to work on determining the names of the directors at this time.

We discussed renting Bridge Mates from Avi for the Annual Meeting. A motion was made and approved to do so.

 

New Business:  It was decided to petition the Board regarding changing the name of the Unit from “Grand Junction Unit 364” to “Colorado West Unit 364”. A petition will be written to change the by-laws; said petition will be presented and signed at the next Board meeting. The change will be voted on by the members at our Annual Meeting in December.

Vicki will ask club owners to make an announcement regarding a mistake made in the Forum as to the location of the Peach Tournament. The Peach Tournament is being held at the Museum of Western Colorado, in the Whitman Education Building. Also, the Peach Tournament and the Vail 299er did not get mentioned in the Forum’s calendar. We will talk to Kitty Cooper at the Forum to make sure this information is included in the calendar in the future.

Upcoming Events

Tuesday, Sep 19 at 12:01 PM - 4:30 PM
Tuesday, Sep 19 at 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday, Sep 19 at 12:45 PM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday, Sep 19 at 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM