title

 

MINUTES

ACBL UNIT 364

MARCH 16, 2011


The meeting was called to order at 10:05 am by Vicki Lamb, President, at the Grand Valley Bridge Center in Grand Junction, CO.

Board Members Present:  Vicki Lamb, Helen Bledsoe, Alison Regan, Judy Tirpack, John Spurgeon, Gloria Kohls, and Paul Hackbert.

Board Members Absent:  Pam Elsner and Jean Paradis

Secretary’s Report: The following corrections were made to the January 18, 2011 minutes: the 4 Corners Sectional (June 10-12, 2011) will be held in Durango, not Montrose. And, under December 5, 2010 Game Results, the reference to the combined scores was removed. Following this discussion, the corrected minutes were approved.

Treasurer’s Report:  Our account balance as of March 15, 2011 are as follows:

                2 CDs: $17,923.54   Checking Account: $6,561.37

                Overall Total:  $24,484.91

The February Unit Game in Grand Junction had an income of $282.00 and expenses of $141.00, giving us a profit of $140.00.

It was moved and approved that we pay Patti Payne the $16.72 owed to her from the Unit Charity Game held December 19, 2010, in Glenwood Springs.


OLD BUSINESS

Directory Updates:  If you have any changes to make in the directory, please contact Jean Paradis, who is in the process of updating our directory.

Tournament/Unit Game Coordinator:  John Spurgeon has agreed to take this position.

Other Old Business:  Gloria will keep Tom McCalden apprised of any date changes discussed and decided on at our Board meetings, in order to keep our webpage current.

 

NEW BUSINESS:

Status of Unit Games:  there was no response to an email sent out 2 months ago to club owners regarding having unit games at their clubs this year. Alison will send out another email after the Board meeting. We would like to know if anyone is interested in having an ACBL Unit Charity game in May.

There will be a Unit game in Grand Junction on Sunday, November 13, 2011.

Vicki is working on setting a July date for our Member Appreciation Game.

 

 

 

Status of 2011 Tournaments

 

Doc Holliday (Glenwood Springs, April 15-17): David Hoch will be chairman of this tournament. A truck is needed to transport tables, chairs and supplies to the tournament. We do have someone from the hotel available to unload supplies in Glenwood.

There will be a Taco bar set up on Sunday for the Swiss Teams play.

Vicki will be giving out the Mini McKinney and Ace of Clubs awards at the tournament.

4 Corners (Durango, June 10-12): Flyers for this tournament have been printed and sent.

Peach: (Grand Junction, August 5-7). The Peach Tournament will be held at the Musuem of Western Colorado, in the Whitman Education Building. Linda Marah and Judy Tirpack will be in charge of all refreshments, including coffee. Judy is in the process of looking at hotels in the area to see if they will give us blocks of rooms for the tournament weekend.

299er:  the date and venue has still not been decided. Vicki will talk to Pam Elsner to find out the status.

 

Status of 2012 Tournaments:

 

4 Corners:  a tentative date of June 8-10, 2012 has been set. Barry Hilmer will chair the tournament.

Black Canyon : September 28-30, 2012. Jim Churchill will chair this tournament.

Doc Holliday : this tournament will be held April 20-22, 2012. There is no chair for the tournament yet; the contact person will be Vicki Lamb.

Peach: August 3-5, 2012. Linda Marah and Judy Tirpack will chair this tournament.

 

New Club

 

There will be a new club in Grand Junction, called The Redlands Duplicate Bridge Club, which will be part of the Unit. The manager of the club will be Rob Johnson. The location will be 583 20 Road. 6 sanctions were applied for to the ACBL and received.

 

Charity Games 2012

 

The location for an ACBL Charity game has not yet been determined.

 

Newsletter

 

We discussed whether or not it was worth the expense to mail the newsletter out to members who do not have an email address. We decided that we will do a newsletter quarterly, to be sent via email, and copies will be sent to club owners for distribution (for members not on email.

 

Addendum (Supplies for Tournaments)

 

An addendum is attached listing supplies need for tournaments.

 

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 11:15 a.m.

 

Our next meeting will be held on May 4th, 2011.

 

 

Respectfully Submitted,

 

Alison Regan

Secretary

 

Upcoming Events

Friday, Oct 13 at 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Friday, Oct 13 at 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Friday, Oct 13 at 12:45 PM - 5:00 PM
Sunday, Oct 15 at 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM