Board meeting minutes, May 4, 2011

 

 

MINUTES

ACBL UNIT 364

MAY 4, 2011

 

The meeting was called to order at 10:10 am by Vicki Lamb, President, at the Grand Valley Bridge Center in Grand Junction, Colorado.

Board Members Present: Vicki Lamb, Helen Bledsoe, Alison Regan, Judy Tirpack, Jean Paradis, and Paul Hackbert

Board Members Absent: Gloria Kohls, Pam Elsner, and John Spurgeon

 

Secretary’s Report: the minutes from our March 16, 2011 Board meeting were accepted and approved as written.

 

Treasurer’s Report:  Our account balances as of May 3, 2011 are as follows:

            2 CDs:                          $17,923.54

            Checking Acct:             $  8,336.78

            Total Bank Accts:         $26,260.32

 

We are $1,234.98 in the black from January 1, 2011-May 3, 2011. If anyone would like to see a complete Treasurer’s report, please contact Judy Tirpack ([email protected])

 

OLD BUSINESS

 

Newsletter:  Gloria Kohls will no longer be doing the newsletter. Tom McCalden will be our newsletter editor from now on. A suggestion was made  to interview individual club owners for each newsletter, to give background on themselves and their clubs (how many tables, where players come from, etc.). Jean agreed to do the interviews in the future. Paul will include a “hand of the month”. Vicki will include a letter from the President.

 

Unit 364 Webpage: Vicki will talk to Tom regarding changing the Unit 364 address on our webpage to our new address. Jean and Vicki will talk to Tom  as to putting the Board procedures on our website.

 

NEW BUSINESS

 

Tournament Updates: The Peach Tournament will be held at the Museum of Western Colorado, in the Whitman Education Building. A block of 15 rooms has been reserved at the Hampton Inn for $99.00/night, including a hot breakfast. Judy is working on a flyer, which will be put out once she gets the name of the Partnership Chairman.

 

The Vail 299er will be held on October 1 and 2, 2011 at the Eagle/Vail Pavillion. Chairs are included, but tables must be hauled to the tournament. The cost of the Swiss teams session will be determined by the cost of lunch provided. A motion was made and approved that Bill Michaels be the director. If an assistant director is needed,  we agreed that Marcia McCalden be asked to assist at $70.00/session.

 

For our December Annual Meeting, we agreed that 2 directors will be needed, one to handle score-keeping, and one to handle director’s calls on the floor. These directors will be determined and named at a later date.

 

Fee Schedule Update (Unit Games and Sectional Tournaments): we updated the fee schedule concerning directors' fees, mileage paid, caddy fees, board duplicating fees and entry fees for unit games and sectional tournaments.

 

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 11:45 am.

 

Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 22, 2011.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

 

Alison Regan

Secretary

Upcoming Events

Tuesday, Sep 19 at 12:01 PM - 4:30 PM
Tuesday, Sep 19 at 12:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday, Sep 19 at 12:45 PM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday, Sep 19 at 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM